On Wednesday March 17, junctQín will perform “Big Keys, Little Keys,” an outreach concert as part of the Cambridge Galleries March Break programming!
The performance will take place at the Queen’s Square location of the Cambridge Galleries in Cambridge, Ontario at 2:45pm.
- Chad Martin’s exotic andante Balinese for toy piano gamelan
- Moritz Eggert’s hysterical tour de force, Hämmerklavier XX: One Man Band 2 for solo piano, harmonica, squeaky object and foot pedal with woodblock
- Selections from Jay Reise’s hauntingly beautiful and colourful suite, Six Pieces for Piano
- André Ristic’s Prélude and Fugue in honour of Glenn Gould
- Karlheinz Essl’s charming Listen Thing for music box and ethereal Kalimba for toy piano and playback
- Julia Wolfe’s quirky East Broadway for toy piano and toy boombox (aka iDog in the 21st century)
- Keith Kirchoff’s picturesque musical setting of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Jumping Competition for toy piano and narrator